Sunday, January 21, 2007

Black Folks...

My boyfriend (that is not his photo to the left might I add) turned to me quite a few days ago and asked me when was the last time I updated this blog. I know he's the only one who comes here and makes comments, trying to act like he's a stranger.

Anyway, on to Top Chef. Now, while I didn't necessarily care for Cliff, I didn't think he was a bad chef. My issue is, why did ol' boy have to get crazy and break out those wrestling moves on Marcell. We know that kind of white boy. Talks shit (in a corny way of course) and pretends he's not scared of anything, but then suddenly when a potential ass whoppin' arises he's backed into a corner shaking. The show is down to five chefs, and two of them decided to shave off all their hair. Cliff decides that Marcell needs a haircut too and rushes over to hold him down. Unfortunately for Cliff, nobody comes running with the clippers. This idiot...instead of letting the poor boy go, goes WWF on him and starts pressing him down to the ground and holding his arms behind his back. Cliff is kinda buff, might I add. When he finally does release him, I don't know why but it looked kind of...well, let's say "homo erotic." That's a nice way of putting it if you know what I mean.

Needless to say, Cliff got kicked off for putting his hands on another cast member (the photo demonstrates his dumb ass expression when they told him they were giving him the boot), which I thought was unecessary, especially since Marcell wasn't upset about it any more. I'm thinking they just like to keep the black cast members on these reality shows long enough to keep the black people watching. And I'm hating because after they dismissed him they started acting like the food he'd prepared wasn't all that. How did he make it to the final 5 if he was making bullshit the entire time? Let's be serious.


To top off a bullshit ass episode, they decided that the 4 chefs that were left would all get to go to the final show in Hawaii. And now since there are no more African-American characters left, I'm cheering on the only female left. Gotta represent one way or another, whether it be women or black folks...although it's nice to have both categories in one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a classic example of when "keeping it real" goes wrong.

It's obvious that Cliff simply "forgot" that he was on national television and forgot that he, single-handedly, was representing the ENTIRE black race.

I wish I could've seen it.