Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Carmen Bryan on Wendy Williams


Now, obviously I'm an avid television watcher (DVR has ruined me), but I do read too. While I don't read as much as I use to--the point is--I read! With that being said, I just want to point out the shit Karrine "Superhead" Steffans has started. First she aired her dirty laundry about who she'd slept with in the music/film/every industry claiming that she wanted to help young girls understand that the video girl (and I'm being nice by using the word "girl") world wasn't all that it was hyped up to be. Ok, while I missed that particular message while reading the book, I will mention that the book was interesting and Steffans' writing was pretty decent. I especially enjoyed the part where she discussed performing fellatio (being nice again) until she got a nose bleed. Wow. That was serious.

So since Steffans' book has been on the Essence best-sellers list, I'm sure it's inspired other females who had numerous sexual exploits with celebrities (still being nice) to write their own tell-all books. Thus, may I present Exhibit A: Carmen Bryan. Now sometime ago I read an excerpt from her new book, the new book where she's consistently noted as being "Nas's baby's momma." (clearing my throat) Being a former A.I. fan myself, I was not impressed with the writing or the content of what I read. Big deal. You slept with him...I didn't...but does that mean I want to read about your adventures? Not really.

My sister and I both read Superhead's book and laughed about her sexual encounters, but I doubt we want to read Carmen's book. I will admit that I'm slightly interested, but I'll only read it if Secret Santa buys it for me. Anyway, found below was the hilarious clip from the Wendy Williams show on VH1. If you have time, it is truly worth going to the website and viewing them all. My favorite parts include when Wendy asks her about her last AIDS test and later proceeds to spray everything with Lysol. Funny.

Oh yeah, if you want to read an excerpt from Carmen's book, feel free to check it out at Amazon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No offense, but I know a gang of folks who would mess with Superhead and Carmen.

Just being real Ma'

NaySoo said...

Oh, I'm sure...