Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Shouldn't Be Alive


Have you ever seen or heard of the show I Shouldn't Be Alive? A better title for this show might be, How Badly Do You Want to Live? I just watched an episode about two white people lost in the Amazon jungle. I was wondering if some mess like that would ever happen to my boyfriend and I. Definitely not. First of all, we're not renting out a cabin in the Amazon for two months just to walk through the forest and explore. I can't even say the Amazon is even on my list of places to see when I begin my worldwide travels. Call me ignorant, but I'm not that excited about heat, trees, and wild/crazy/savage animals I've never seen. Anyway, the two white people spent six days walking through the Amazon, drinking water they shouldn't drink, barely holding it together without their medication--just going crazy.
I just find this show interesting because it really shows you how long the human body will hold out when someone is in survival mode. I don't honestly believe I'd make it through half these situations, but it sure is interesting to watch.


I have yet to see any black people on the show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the only way they will get black people on this show is if they tape the show in the hood.

That would be too real for America.

Imagine your average "street urchin" telling his or her life stories...

"Yo, the other day I was walking to the bus stop trying to go to work--you know just tryin' to do me--and these niggas just pulled up and started bustin' shots like crazy. The bitch holdin' groceries next to me caught one in the head and the old man got hit too."

Then people would actually be tellin' the truth when they say, "I shouldn't be alive!"

:) Imagine people trying to re-enact this shit for tv.

I like your blog a lot. You should write more often...

NaySoo said...

Thanks for the comment. I agree, they should do I Shouldn't Be Alive: Tales from the Hood. Maybe BET or TV1 will consider it. The only issue is that the stories might be too short. In contrast, most of the tales on the actual show took place over a certain amount of days so each episode lasts about a hour.

Now they could do an episode with the Hurricane Katrina folks. I'm sure they could fill up an hour with the stuff they went through.

Anonymous said...

Cleared out your DVR recently?