Friday, December 1, 2006

An Introduction of Sorts

So my boyfriend doesn't like television. Great guy, but rolls his eyes into my hand graces over the remote control. Then on top of it all, when he does actually watch a show with me, he either kills it with too much historical background knowledge or his presence just brings a whole bad luck presence to the show (i.e. the show becomes corny).

I've watched television all my life, as a matter of fact, many of the songs that I sing around the house are television theme songs. As you can imagine, having a partner who rather do a million other things is causing my DVR box an occasional problem or two. Needless to say, outside of my older sister I need somebody to voice my opinions to. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some other people who watch these shows...maybe my blog season will end in three episodes like the show
3lbs.

Speaking of 3lbs, is there a chance that maybe this show wasn't successful because people didn't know what it was supposed to be about. Second, do we really need another medical show? Now I will admit that I never saw any episodes of the show, but the commercials just didn't intrigue me.

Anyway, since my boyfriend tends to fuss when I turn the television on, most of our time together is spend reading books, playing games, or talking...which is pretty cool to be honest. But when he's not around I have to, have to, have to clear out my DVR box. I can't imagine what I would do if I couldn't watch Nip/Tuck, Ghost Whisperer, Oprah, etc.

No comments: